Wednesday, April 7, 2010

First Post

I wanted an adjunct page to "Kay's Happenings" because I plan to update this every day, but I don't want my five faithful followers to have to read all of this if they don't want to do so. So here it is on the side of my main blog. I plan to keep my diet and exercise diary here.

In January the doctor has some unpleasant news for me. My cholesterol was high and my blood sugar was high. She gave me a drug for the cholesterol. But late onset diabetes is best handled through diet and exercise for as long as possible. I've had one meeting with the dietician. I'm supposed to (and will) call to set up another. The doctor wants to talk to me again also.

I've started exercising and watching what I eat. I've lost 15 pounds. But since I need to note what I eat (and count the carbs), well, I might as well do it here.

So I have the time for exercise and cooking for eating healthfully, I've quit my job. Well, there were obviously other problems or I would not have quit. But I consider getting healthy my job for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment